Rack Extension - Quick Start
IntroductionThis web page is a tool that lets you create a fully buildable and deployable Rack Extension by simply filling out the form below. The purpose is to generate all the files and boilerplate code required to create a blank plugin (of a certain type and certain size) and uses re-cmake for the build. This tool targets the RE SDK 4.2.0.
Step 1. Fill out the form
Step 2. Preview the GUI
Step 3. Preview the files
Step 4. Download the pluginDownload the zip file
Step 5. Next Steps
- Unzip the plugin
- Read the
README.mdfile included (or check it in the Step 3. section above). It gives instructions on how to build the plugin which in essence consists of:
- Installing the RE SDK if you have not done so already
- Configure the build
- Build and install the plugin
- Check that you can load the plugin in Recon
At this time, no matter which kind of plugin you generate, the code doesn't do anything (and this includes effects), which means you won't hear anything. This is on purpose so that the plugin is truly blank. Depending on feedback and help, it is possible that there will be an option in the future, to have a "default" implementation that actually does something.
Feedback / Help / Sponsor
- If you find this tool useful and/or you have feedback or questions I would love to hear from you. Check out the Contact page on how to reach me or use the ReasonTalk / RE Development and SDK Discussion sub forum.
- Finally, as you can imagine, creating this tool required a lot of work so if you want to show your appreciation do not hesitate to Sponsor Me. That would be highly appreciated.
- This tool was created with Kotlin/Js. You can find the source code for the tool on github.